2015 has been the worst year of my life so far, tribulation after tribulation, lost my job, home, friends and most recently, my unborn baby. In the last three months I have suffered a great deal of pain.
But, because of it all, I have learned survival. “Getting up” matters the most when you’re really going down and a smile is most meaningful when tears seem most sensible.
Count your blessings, especially when there seem to be not any, because believe it or not, that is when they matter the most.
I have a lot to be grateful for, these are not even half but I decided they are a good place to start, right? Let’s go. I am grateful for:
1. Waking up this morning- As long as you’re still blessed with yet another day, you can still turn your life around, trust me.
2. My satisfactory physical and mental health- My eyes that read this, hands that typed it, the brain that conceptualized it and the body that never tires of mobilizing me.
3. The country of my birth- A lot of us take this one for granted (with the exception of Americans of course), being born in certain countries provides certain privileges, so thank you South Africa.
4. Food in my stomach- If you’ve eaten something today, no matter how small it might have been, you’re far blessed than someone who has had nothing at all.
5. The family around me- Even when they’re not family by blood, people around us that genuinely care always make it all worth it.
I could go on forever, there’s just so much to be grateful for. Irrespective of your circumstances, there is always a reason to smile.